14.7.11

Feeding a Toodler is FUN!...meh!

(Me: Thinking ahead of what the future holds for my dear son)

Setting: Mrs. Smith's grade 6 class at lunch time

Dear son: "Mrs. Smith, can you help me with my lunch?"
Mrs. Smith: "Yes dear, what can I do?"
Dear son: "Can you please chop up my food into little, little pieces and can you puree my meat and yams too.  Then can you heat up my ba-ba for me, I prefer about 35 seconds please, 40 seconds is just way too much!"
Mrs. Smith: (puzzled) "Sure dear"
(Mrs. Smith brings the food to the table)
(3 seconds later...)
Dear son: "ALL DONE!" (Throws food on the floor)

The end!


My child has a fondness for throwing food. We dish his food on his nice colourful plate, place it on his tray, and a bite or two and a few moments later, it is all over the floor. Oh how my patience are being tested.

Let me also point out that he is going to be 2 years old and he still prefers purred food over solid food. (See how my future thought makes sense now!)

He won't take a sippy cup, we have about 6 different ones, he just pretends to drink out of it and puts it down. Every single time. Don't think we haven't tried, we try....all...the....time!

I honestly don't know how he is growing! He is my petite treat for sure!

Well if any of you have tips, please let me know.
Feeding tips
Throwing food tips (though my favorite suggestion was to throw it back, ha!)
Going from Bottle to sippy cup tips

I sure hope that my future thought doesn't come true :)

xo c-

No comments:

Post a Comment